Couples tell us time and time again how happy they were on their special day, surrounded by their friends and family at Radnor Hunt. This romantic haven is well-known across Philadelphia for its rustic charm, elegant ballrooms and natural landscape.
Every single one of the brides and grooms who has graced Radnor Hunt with their love has transformed the venue and made it entirely their own for a day. We offer comfortable, versatile spaces—all three of which are included with your venue rental— that can accommodate small to large-scale receptions and ceremonies alike.
Not only is every space itself customizable, but so is everything that comes with the venue, including the menus. Our exclusive caterer, J. Scott Catering, tailors every drink and piece of food to fit your experience. We trust their expert team to put together menus for couples that showcase culinary innovation, farm-fresh ingredients and inventive cuisines.
With so many options, we understand that menu customization is a lot to take in. Here are some of our most popular plated wedding menu ideas that you can use for inspiration:
Passed Hors d’ Oeuvres
For your menu, consider passed hors d’oeuvres that offer an explosion of fresh herbs and mouthwatering flavors. We couldn’t pick just one selection of hors d’oeuvres, so here are our favorite selections that were used at three recent weddings:
- All Beef Sliders—Topped with mushroom and Swiss
- Barbeque Braised Short Rib—On Yukon chip
- Seared Sesame Tuna Cubes—Soy ginger dipping sauce
- Kennett Square Mushroom Turnover—Fontina, gruyere and fresh herbs
We recently coordinated a ceremony and reception for 150. For their passed hors d’oeuvres, the couple went with a scrumptious mix of land and sea. Choices included:
- Mini Meatloaf Bites—Sour cream and bacon
- Mini Crab Cake—Lemon horseradish aioli
- Vietnamese Chicken Spring Roll—Tamarind dipping sauce
- Sea Scallop—Wrapped in cherry bacon
One couple decided on a fully customized menu with plenty of options for their 200 guests. They enjoyed flavorful bites like:
- Korean Chicken Skewers—Marinated in soy, chili flakes and other traditional flavors
- Fried Goat Cheese—With prosciutto and warm truffle honey
- Mini BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders—Carolina slaw
- Herbed Shrimp Cocktail—Stoli cocktail sauce
Beautifully Presented Stations
Stationary small bites can be arranged in almost any way you can imagine. Our chefs love to get creative with themes and colors. Here were two different displays our couples enjoyed during their momentous occasions.
- Bruschetta Station—Traditional tomato, white bean, feta, arugula, ratatouille, mushroom and brie
- Domestic Cheese Display—Four cheeses, assorted crackers, crostini, two jams and flavored mustard
Prior to the formal meal, many guests choose a first course to get them started. Chicken and corn chowder, a baby arugula salad and dinner street rolls were some of the menu choices for these three couples. Entrees included:
- Pan Seared Filet of Beef—Garlic and rosemary merlot demi
- Pan Seared Maryland Lump Crab Cake—Spicy remoulade
- Seasonal Vegetable Risotto—Grilled leeks, porcini broth and toasted brioche
Elegant Full-Service Setups
Customized weddings are important to many of the couples who choose to spend their day at Radnor Hunt. Not only are they able to mix and match their menus, but the entire event from start to finish can be coordinated specially to match their vision. This is why we offer a fully polished staff, bar service, flatware, china, linens and anything you can possibly think of for your wedding.
We hope some of these menu options available at Radnor Hunt have inspired you. We’d love to hear some of your delicious ideas for your unique day made for you and the person you love most of all. Fill us in about your vision!